Privacy Central is open to expanding the privacy platform to all appliactions in the world. In order to do this we will need the community and partners support. We expect anyone that contributes to application stubs to follow a small set of guidelines and rules
1. Security is most important
We provide the SDK which gives you the baseline for implementing data subject actions. When an application stub executes those actions, you should ensure that any action that occurs is fully bound to the data subject's data and no one else.
2. Code must be checked into an accessible private or public GitHub repo
For the main SaaS platform (https://www.privacycentral.com), we must do a through review of all application stubs that we will consider for addition into it. Because of this, we will utilize a public or private GitHub so a full review can be done to ensure section 1 requirements
3. When in doubt, Ask!
Privacy doesn't have to be hard, but it can be difficult to work through all the permutations. We are here to help. When in doubt about how something may work, just drop us a quick email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. General Guidelines
- Don’t include promotional content in your app
- Don’t confuse, deceive, defraud, mislead, spam or surprise anyone
- Always obtain consent from data subjects
- Provide meaningful customer support and make it easy for people to contact you.
- Protect information against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- Do not make any calls to services that are not directly tied to the target application
- An application stub should only target one application
- Don’t modify, translate, create derivative works of, or reverse engineer any SDK or its components.
- Don’t provide or promote content that infringes upon the rights of any third party.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the jurisdiction where your data subjects reside
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to any claim against us related to your service, actions, content or information.
- We may enforce against your app or website if we conclude you have violated our terms or are negatively impacting the Platform, and we may suspend your app or website, with our without advance notice, while we investigate suspected violations of our terms. We may or may not notify you in advance.
- We or an independent auditor acting on our behalf may audit your app, systems, and records to ensure your use of Platform and data you receive from us is safe and complies with our Terms, and that you've complied with our requests and requests from people who use Privacy Central to delete user data obtained through our Platform. If requested, you must provide us with proof that your app complies with our terms
- We don’t guarantee that Platform will always be free.
- We can issue a press release describing our relationship with you.
- Enforcement is both automated and manual, and can include disabling your app, restricting you and your app’s access to platform functionality, requiring that you delete data, terminating our agreements with you or any other action that we deem appropriate.
- We may change these terms at any time without prior notice. Please check them regularly. Your continued use of Platform constitutes acceptance of those changes.